What is contents insurance for wedding and event businesses?

Contents insurance explained for wedding and event businesses

Converted barn wedding venue

What is contents insurance?

Contents insurance provides cover for damage to the contents of your business premises including accidental damage and theft. Contents insurance provides cover for equipment used in connection to your wedding and event business that belongs to you, or you are legally responsible for. This includes stock, goods held in trust (sold bridal dresses awaiting collection), tenants improvements, fixtures and fittings, and general contents.

Our policy wordings also provide additional cover for damage to personal effects of your employees or visitors to your business premises, the costs of boarding up following glass breakage and the cost of replacing locks and keys following a theft.

What does a contents insurance claim look like?

Contents insurance will cover you against losses caused by damage to contents kept at your business premises. Examples of this could be; fire at a flower shop resulting in significant fire and smoke damage, or flood and water damage to a wedding car garage, accidental damage and theft. The policy also covers damage caused by the escape of water and much more. You can read our policy wordings to see what is covered.

Does contents insurance cover items when you are mobile?

Our policy wordings provide automatic additional cover for damage to contents temporarily kept elsewhere, however, this excludes laptops, mobile phones and other portable equipment.

Why do wedding and event businesses require contents?

Contents insurance provides financial protection if the worst were to happen. For example, bridal retailers could lose all of their stock to a fire or flood at the premises and without contents insurance, you and your business would have to pay to replace your stock to be able to trade again. However, contents insurance provides protection and a successful claim will replace your stock and any other damage to contents.


Read our client reviews on the following sites

Wedding Insurance Group Average Google Review Score Wedding Insurance Group Average Facebook Review Score
We've been featured in
Reviews Logo

Does contents insurance cover professionals working from home?

If you work from home, you should contact your home insurers first to ensure that operating your business from home doesn’t invalidate your home insurance. Our policies can provide cover for contents used in connection to your business whilst at home.

Is it a legal requirement?

No, contents insurance is not a legal requirement; however, it is strongly advised to have cover in place to protect your wedding and event business.

How much cover do you need?

That depends on the replacement cost value of your contents and equipment used in connection with your business. We bespoke our policies to suit your needs and demands as a wedding and event business.

How do I get quote?

Call 0121 550 2380 for a quick quote suited to your needs, or you can request a callback. We're open 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.